Saturday, November 5, 2011

Team Trial Results and Plans

Hey All!

Team Trials are over... I can finally breath... My first USA Team Trials. Ever... I keep pinching myself thinking I just participated in US Team Trials for a sport. I am living at the Olympic Training Center... I am seriously living out my dreams right now. I forget this sometimes because I get wrapped up in everything else, but I am so blessed right now. As for my results in the races, I did not finish how I had hoped. The Womens' field is pretty close after the first few spots, so since I definatley did not slide the way I wanted to I got beat.  But I am trying to take the right perspective out of it. I am pissed at myself
 for not showing up when it counted, but I am literally just learning this sport so I am going to practice my booty off and work as hard as I can to make sure this DOES NOT happen again. I will be training in Lake Placid through December. I am going back to Mississippi on the 19th for 2 weeks because we will not have mush ice time until December 5.    In January is when the fun begins. A big group of us are going to go to Park City, Utah and slide that track for about a month and hopefully then go up to Calgary, Canada and slide for 2-3 weeks. If I can get enough financing to make this happen I know this will make me a much better slider since all track are completely different.  Park City and Calgary do not have training centers so we have to pay for housing, food, track fees, and transportation. I am going to have to become very creative to raise some Dollar Dollars... If any one has some great ideas for fundraisers let me know !!

Here are some pics of my sled. I was pretty proud of the cover. I designed it and Photoshop and had it printed on a yoga mat. It turned out just how I thought it would. I am a fan .



I am happy to say I have not gotten beat up on the track this year like I did EVERYDAY last year. I have only crushed my head once. I am pretty sure I was concussed since I was thinking how bad my next run was going to be, when in actuality that was my  last run. and then I had to plug my ears the truck ride up to the top because it was too loud for me to handle. But oh well Im alive.. I did get a small black eye as well. Don't ask how you get a black eye with a full face mask helmet. I don't know either, but I did.

 On another note
 This is a video of team trials for Bobsled. This is the 2010 Olympic Gold Medalist and his team pushing. THEY ARE BEAST MODE. 


Other than that I do not have much more. I appreciate everyone's kind words and support during team trials. I am excited to continue to learn this sport. Its tough, BUT AWESOME! I just have to keep remembering the goal is 2014.  I just need experience and runs on different tracks. God Bless!

No comments:

Post a Comment