Monday, September 23, 2013

Oh the Adventures Keep Coming


Well Well Well.. where do I start?? I have not updated my blog since the end of last season, and I wanted to make sure everyone knows I am still alive!

A lot has happened since last March. First and foremost I am now engaged to my 4 year long boyfriend PAULIE JACKSON!!!  I can honestly say it came as a surprise. Paul actually proposed to me in New York where we were eating dinner with his parents and my dad. It was really sweet. I was so shocked that I didn’t really pay attention to what he said. I just pretty much freaked out! It is a great feeling and we are going to get married May 17th 2014 here in Oxford MS.
This is right after he asked me... I was a little excited to say the least! 
After I had time to clean up a bit, I made him take a pic with me!

Describes us perfectly!!


The second thing that is going on is Paul and I bought a house!!! We are so excited about this. We are actually building it so we get to pick out everything and make it a dream home. We are hoping to stay here as long as we can!  Building a home is much more involved than we may have thought but it is great. The funniest part so far is when the builder (who is great by the way) walked me through the home as asked where I wanted outlets…ha I was like ummm where they normally go?!  The things you never think of!  But building is such a blessing that just kind of fell into our laps so we are so thankful to have this opportunity
 
Week 1 of our house


Week 2!
                                     
Week 3 (Current picture) With our Free 1/2  bath in the front

The third thing is TRAINING FOR SKELETON. This summers training went really well. I participated in our yearly combine and I had a personal best score as well as set new personal bests in my lifts! I have been balancing work and training pretty well the whole summer. I have been blessed to have great consistent clientele this summer, so I was able to save more this summer than last for the season.  
CLEAN MAX- This is my First "PR" the guy filming did not get the whole Clean but thats ok. 
This is 91kilos (200lbs)



CLEAN MAX - Since I didn't get the whole clean on film I figured I would go for another PR.. I GOT IT!!
95kilos (209 lbs) 



This is our 3 rep max on Squats. 
This is 122. 5 Kilos (270 lbs)




The Forth thing is WAITING…I waited and waited this summer for the official invite to USA Team Trials…and after much anticipation I got the GREAT news that I am officially invited to participate in the 2013/14 US Team Trials that will determine the top contenders for the Olympic Team. I cannot tell you how excited I was to receive the invite since it is what I worked the last 3 years for! So thank you to all your support and thank God for making this a possibility.




Here is how the selection process for the Olympics works. We have team trials and the World Cup team is named (top 2 athletes) . There are 8 races before the Olympics in February. It is the job of the top 2 athletes to keep their spots the whole year, because the athletes under them are racing in circuits as well.  The coaches will then make the decision in January who will be named to the 2014 Olympic Team. Basically if you are the top 2 female athletes you will be named to the team.


I leave October 6 to go back up to Lake Placid. We have 4 races (2 in Lake Placid and 2 in Park City) and by the end of the month the teams will be named. I will make sure to keep everyone updated! THANK YOU SO MUCH!

Here is a little feature one of my Clients did on me for her class about me doing skeleton. Check out the skeleton video on this link!

No comments:

Post a Comment