Friday, October 14, 2011

Week 1 on the "Ice"

So here is how my schedule was supposed to be set up this week...
Get in On October 9th and Get on the ice on October 10th - Now.
Well This is What Happened this week...
Day 1- Monday
    I am Half peeing my pants getting ready to go down the track out of anxiety... BUT then I walked outside and was like hmmm... I think I am warm...No wait...I think I am really warm.. Then I came to realize I am Hot... The Temp was mid 70's .. And if you do the math  its hard to keep ice on a track when it is 70 degrees outside. So needless to say sliding was cancelled.
Day 2-Tuesday
  I was under the impression that sliding was canceled. And I was RIGHT! So this is what we did...Tanned...After we worked out of course


 Day 3 Wed-
It was Hot AGAIN.. So we didnt slide..By this time my nerves were settled and I was JUST PRAYING that the weather would allow us to slide!

Day 4 Thurs-
I awoke to tremendous news. WE GOT TO  SLIDE.  Before we slid we took bets to see what our first downtime would be and whoever guessed closest won. Well we were all guessing slow times since it was still about 55 degrees outside. (a fast time for girls is 57ish) So I guessed 1:03.97....The first sled went down and they slid 1:14. THATS SOOOO SLOW.  Well I lost that bet. But I didn't complain because I kind of wanted slower ice for the first day back. When I went down it really wasn't too scary. I was a very bumpy ride due to water build ups on the ice, but other than that I LOVED IT! and I was ready for the Next Day of sliding.
Day 5 Fri-
I awake to pouring rain.. Which means CANCELLED SLIDING.. AHHHHH I am getting anxious here, they told us we may slide tomorrow (not gunna happen) But I am hopeful.

    Our team trials is next Thursday and Friday. We will get 4 days total of practice before then. AWESOME ha. But what can you do? We are all in the same boat and I am just excited to start sliding again this year.


  I would really like to thank all of my sponsors That have contributed . I appreciate everyone! Yall are amazing and God totally has blessed me!!
  I am still fund raising. I have $648 left to pay off on  equipment I have bought and I need to raise money for travel expenses. If you  or anyone you know are interested in sponsoring me I would really appreciate it. Just get ahold of me and I will give you the details. KristinaKHull@gmail.com or 719-651-3124.

God Bless-
Kristina

No comments:

Post a Comment