Tuesday, October 4, 2011

Getting Ready to Go

6 Days until I get back on the ice.
My Feelings ..... Excited...Anxious...Nervous...READY!
I have not been on the ice since March, needless to say I am ready to get back. On October 10th everyone will be experiencing the same emotions.. I am not going to lie, I will probably feel like I am going 100mph the first few days. After that I am hoping the it will all slow down again.
It's funny because I am here in Mississippi where it is 80degrees and I am sure When I head back to Lake Placid I am going to be able to see my breath all day. Drastic change to say the least.
I am also in the process of packing my life into 1 bag. That's right you heard it.. A women , is going to pack for 4 months into 1 BAG. I would say i deserve a medal just for that.

I have been trying to replay the Lake Placid track over and over in my head, I also watch video to time up my driving. This is the video I use of the lake Placid track to make mental run throughs... This is a Helmet cam from an actual Skeleton Athlete. I know it seems like we don't see much from this view...and its TRUE. This view is actually a lot more than what we see because our face is dragging on the ice half the time, so we see about 6 feet in front of us.

I also found some video of a couple of my runs last year so you can kind of see how the sport works





I think that's enough video for now! haha I am excited about US Team Trials which will be occurring on October 20 as well October26. From there I will know if and what circuit I will be racing. The Olympic team is not chosen until the Olympic year so I still have time to develop as an athlete.

Last thing! I am still looking for sponsors for this year.It's 100% tax deductible!  If you are interested please let me know and I will give you detailed information. The quick version on how to donate is as follows.

Make check out to : Utah Skeleton and Bobsled Association
Send to:  Utah Skeleton and Bobsled Association
              P.O. Box 581131
              Salt Lake City, UT  84158
INCLUDE: Kristina Hull Skeleton Support on memo line
And a note with YOUR NAME AND ADDRESS

I appreciate the support and encouragement from everyone! I am blessed!

2 comments:

  1. I love you Dingles!!!! If I could I would send you millions! You are such an inspiration and I am so proud of you! Xo miss you like crazy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kristina!!! I am flipping out at how fast you´re going!! you are so amazing and I am so excited for you :) you go Hulk!!!! love you and miss you bunches desde EspaƱan

    ReplyDelete